Wednesday, 23 December 2009

John Simm interview: who’s the baddie?


John Simm, an actor so affable he lives in fear of offending every fan he meets, is tight-lipped on whether he actually bumps off David Tennant’s Doctor Who this Christmas. But he certainly had fun trying

In the night before we meet, John Simm had caught the Tube home after the curtain came down on Speaking in Tongues, the West End show he’s been starring in for the past three months. He has been doing this throughout the run. He pulls his cap down over his face, sticks his nose in a book and no one ever bothers him. Until last night, that is.

'This woman came and sat next to me,’ he says. 'I realised she’d followed me from the theatre. It turned out she’d come from Vienna and she had been to see the show four times. She just sat there staring at me. I had to jump out of the train at Euston and try to lose her, but she jumped out too. I lost her in the end, but it was just ridiculous. And unnerving, you know.’

Read more here.

No comments: